Christine 缽仔糕 Bok Jai Go
Makes 24 mini rice cupcakes
- 85 gm rice flour
- 55 gm wheat flour
- 110 gm brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- Red bean paste (home-cooked or canned) to taste
- Add rice flour and wheat flour into 1/2 cup of water and stir well.
- Use 1 1/2 cups of water to dissolve sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Quickly pour into the flour mixture. Continuously stirring while pouring. Stir and combine thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture into a mini muffin tray (or any mould you like) to steam over high heat, about 10 minutes, in batches. In the middle of steaming, you can add some sweetened red beans on the surface of rice pudding and continue to steam until cooked through.
- Traditionally, this dessert is cooked in little bowls. If you use bowls, then cooking time will be around 20 minutes. The non-stick muffin tray I used, which is a good heat conductor, the steaming time was shorter.
- Remember to grease the bowls before adding flour mixture into them.