Shared by Shelli Fong – 1st Feb 2015
120g caster sugar
3 egg yolks
350g red bean paste
350g double cream
I did this using a stand mixer (not ice cream maker).
1. Whisk together the sugar and egg yolk.
2. Bring the milk to boil and take off the heat.
3. Add milk to the sugar mixture and mix together.
4. Simmer mixture until thickened but do not boil. Stirring all the time.
5. Take off the heat and add red bean paste.
6. Whisk in the double cream.
7. Whisk well and put in the freezer.
8. Take out to whisk every hour or so. I did this 5 times.
9. Freeze overnight.