Chocolate Cotton Cake by Polly Wan
Chocolate Cotton Cake
40g corn oil (I use sunflower oil)
40g cake flour (I use Mcdougalls sponge flour)
15g chocolate powder
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
1. Bring the oil to boil in a saucepan, turn off the fire and add the sieved flour + chocolate powder and stir well, let it cool down a bit.
2. Whisk eggs whites until bubbles form then add sugar beat until peaks form.
3. Mix well of 3 egg yolks + 1 egg + milk, added into 1. batter mixture
4. Fold in 1/3 of egg white meringue into egg yolk batter and fold in evenly
5. Pour the above 4. back into the remaining white meringue and fold well.
6. Pour the bather into lined pan, and bake using water bath method.
7.Preheat oven 170 degree bake for 40 mins and 150 degree for 20mins.