Shared by Audrey Pang 14th Feb 2015
- 2 tbsp unflavoured gelatin
- 1 3/8 cups water (1/2 cup cold, rest boiling)
- 1 can of coconut milk (400 ml)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- Get a 1 litre container ready. Lightly grease it if you are going to flip out the pudding before serving. Otherwise, use a container which you can cut the pudding in without scratching the container.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, dissolve gelatin with 1/2 cup of cold water. Set aside for 5 mins.
- Microwave the gelatin mixture for 10-15 seconds.
- Transfer to larger bowl, pour remaining boiling water to mix well. (Step 2 avoid having lumps in gelatin mixture.)
- Add sugar, once it is dissolved, add coconut milk. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whip egg whites until soft peak.
- When gelatin is cooled to room temperature, place gelatin bowl in an ice bath.
- When mixture begins to set*, fold egg whites into it.
- Spread in prepared dish and refrigerate until set.
*Note: If you prefer less airy texture, do not let the gelatin set for too long. The closer to setting stage, the airier it will taste like.
Wai Han’s notes
You used to be able to get this at Dim Sum, it is not seen very often any more but it was always one of my favourites.
Please let me know if you have tried this recipe. I have yet to try it but will do sometime soon.